Tuesday, November 10, 2009

MusicMonday Feature: Anya Marina covers T.I.'s Whatever You Like

YOU ARE NOT READY !!!!!!!


Thanks to Gossip Girl I had a chance to find this artist, Anya Marina, who stunned me with an acoustic version of T.I.'s Whatever You Like. She brings out the soft side of Tip's rough edges with this rendition.

This artist will also be featured in the New Moon Soundtrack with a cut developed for the movie and the album, Satellite Heart'. A very good look for the singer without a bio on her Atlantic records page.

What's not a good look is this racy, raunchy video that depicts Anya in a sex shop with some innuendo that T.I. would not be happy with. Oh I hope KNOW you got your paper Tip. Coz homies in the hood aint really gonna be feeling this.



If you wanna just hear the song, check out the live youtube video below

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see or hear anything TI should be offended by. That is the nature of covering a song. The writer cannot really control what sound the cover artists puts on it. It's a little reminiscent of when pop artists in the 50s would cover urban songs (before my time, but as depicted in movies such as "Dream Girls" and "Cadillac Records") with one very distinct difference - this time, the pop song is not the more popular version (if that within itself is not an oxymoron).

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Life is Like a Slideshow

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer