Monday, November 30, 2009

Event Recap & Music Recap: Main Ingredient Two Year Anniversary





A Part of the Soulcialite Series....
Main Ingredient Two Year Anniversary




This Soucliate parties. I love good music and I support the social scene that I've been on since 2002 when I first arrived in DC. So, when my girl Kat of Lil SoSo hipped me to Monday's at Marvin's, I was in full support. Honestly,Monday isn't a day I can really kick it out late night. Not the way I want to. But, this past Monday was an exception. And I want to share the event with you as best as I can.

I missed the kick off. I couldn't make it there at 10:30 like I told my friend to hear the first song. I wanted the experience to be monumental. But, I'm a soulcialite, and that means I'm never on time. When I got there, the dance floor was already crowded and I found my friend outside on Marvin's deck. The music pumps outside, so I could hear what was going on. Several times would a yell escape from my soul. We kicked it picking up the very eclectic vibe until the music from the inner room called me til I could no longer ignore it. I couldn't even tell you what it was, because at some point, every song these DJs played, was my song.

There was a classic hip hop set, an 80s music (with white people music that we know), a go go set, an MJ set, and a musical experience. I would call it an education, but you'd really need to sit down with these turnabilists to really, truly, fully understand what you were hearing.


Soul Controllers do all of us a service when they post the mp3s of the event. Please, if you think you want to be aDJ, then take a very serious listen to what these talented brothers do, and decide against it. No one puts it down this this collective crew.


Shout out to Soul Controllers, Lil SoSo Productions, DJ Stylus, JahSonic, DJ 2Tone Jones, Marvins, and to Maria Jpeg Izaurralde whose photos are below. The tracks are complements of the Soul Controllers! Enjoy!







Jahsonic sets the scene with soul.



Book's vicious set of classic hip-hop, go-go and dance anthems.



More b-boy bombs, classic soul and deep house from Book and Jahsonic.






Stylus and Jahsonic keep it deep, grown and soulful before coming back around to the hip-hop bangers.

Jahsonic wraps with a quick reggae set, more classics and a few words.





































P.S. No pics of the Soulcialite, because I was too busy getting down!


OG.

3 comments:

  1. That party was classic! Thanks for posting these links

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already know those cats deliver EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. Had a ball!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It means so much to us that people really appreciate good music served up with thought, care and style. We've been doing this a long time and aim to outlast trends.

    Thanks for partying with the Soul Controllers!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Life is Like a Slideshow

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer