Monday, December 14, 2009

Music Monday So Hard, So Soft, So New

So Hard SO Soft, So NEW:  Rihanna, Norah Jones,  and Otis Lee



I'm REALLY feeling Rihanna's Hard single. Here's a glimpse of the video.
It actually looks like they just extended shooting from the RUN THIS TOWN VIDEO {previous post} to make this happen.


More pics from the Hard videoshoot below:






































Quite the contrast, but I'm also excited about upcoming work from Norah Jones. If you're not familiar, well, then, please leave the blog immediately. She's a little outside of some folk's radars, so here's a refresher.


The Brooklyn singer-songwriter that showed up outta nowhere, straight Santana‘d the Grammy’s, racking up 6 of them, going 20 times platinum and disappeared off the face of the world, sorta. (Satire courtesy of: Weapons of Mass Distraction)

Be prepared for the funk. Her new single is located HERE 

That's What I Said (The NYC Remix By Adrock & Mike D)



But here is the single she did with Talib Kweli, Soon The New Day


 

Artist Alert: Otis Lee of Felicitous Baby Records. Thanks to Don Ghotti who put me on alert for his artist. I'm really feeling this song and I think Otis Lee is radio ready. Wishing him continued success.

GREAT POP RECORD "Message to Annah" by @Otislee of @felicitousbaby Records
{FREE DOWNLOAD} http://ow.ly/sCJU

 'DON'T' - PCP Remix  from 'CANDYLAND GOTHICA an Electronic Love Story' http://ow.ly/JyDd



  (Bio from His MySpace Page: http://www.myspace.com/otislee1)


Otis Lee is from the south, the deep south, where there is swampland, alligators, gold teeth and hot water cornbread. He is a native of Louisiana and now is calling Atlanta (A-Town) his home.

Otis credits his Dad, a baptist minister, as his biggest musical and life influence.  As a four year old in his Dad's church, Otis was already singing in the church choir.  Music has always been an important part of his life.  Some of Otis's notable musical influences include Marvin Gaye, Teddy Pendergrass, the O'Jays, Johnny Mathis and Donny Hathaway to name a few.

Otis's music draws ladies to him with his silky, smooth voice and charismatic personality.  He likes to express his feelings through his music, whether he is romancing you with his words or challenging you to overcome life obstacles.  He writes from his heart and sings from the depth of his soul.

Otis has had some success as an artist. He appeared on Star Search with his group, Ebony. They were crowned the '94-'95 Champions.  Otis has recorded background vocals for Cherelle and Derwin Jackson.  He has performed in places from Los Angeles to Atlanta in venues such as the House of Blues and the Georgia World Congress Center.

Currently, Otis is working on his latest project.  He is working with some of the hottest producers in the industry.  It is a project long overdue and fans have long anticipated it's release.  The countdown has begun, WORLD get ready.Otis Lee is coming!


Alright, that's what I have for you this Monday! Spread the good music around.
Peace,
OG

5 comments:

  1. I dig the norah jones song..she did a song video with Q-tip not too long ago too:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments ya'll. I may update with that NJ and Qtip. Yeah, I remember peeping that a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love Rihanna it but i wanted more choreography... She should start dancing more in her videos!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Life is Like a Slideshow

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer