Monday, July 20, 2009

Chris Brown Addresses His Domestic Violence

OriginalNajeema
I haven't commented on this publically, other than posting Rihanna's pic on my FB page after it was released.




Is it too little too late?

I watched the video several times. While I see some sincerity, I still see some rage. Yes, maybe Chris believes what he's saying, or let me say that a different way, he feels true remorse in his heart and soul PLUS he knows a statement, at some point, would be absolutely necessary before his career can come back.

Will we let it come back? The unofficial word was that JayZ, RiRi's big brother (and whatelse?) was the reason that CB did not perform at the MJ Memorial. Personally I don't think it would have been appropriate.

I'm just saying.

Comments appreciated.


Oh, and in case you forgot what he did to her face. (photo clearly from TMZ.)

6 comments:

  1. his apology blows. he blows. he should kick rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. While it's never too late for an apology, it is possibly too late for forgiveness. As an attorney - and former criminal defense attorney - I do understand and even advocate the need to keep quite during adjudication. Perhaps one day (that day may have already passed) she and her family can forgive him, but his talent alone no longer entitles him to popular admiration. There are plenty of just as if not more talented singers who have never hit anybody that would gladly fulfill our need for pop-R&B. Michael he is not. As such, he is replaceable.

    PS Can we remember the last time Jay-Z was wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too little to Late. Because he stayed silent so long, the public has already formed an opinion about him. If he apologized earlier, he could have begun rebuilding his public image earlier rather than now. Parents have already made the decision to not take their daughters to see CB or purchase his music. As a PR consultant ( I had to put that in there for G!), we are constantly in conflict with the legal department because they want our clients to stay silent after a crisis instead of speaking up. Staying silent did keep CB out of jail (which is the job of a lawyer) but staying silent crippled his public image (the job of a PR consultant). Now his primary source of income will have to take a hit as endorsements, album sales, and ticket sales dry up.

    Why did he decide to apologize now? I heard he was planning on releasing an album this fall…

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is never too late for an apology or forgiveness. We must also throw in some mercy and grace. Forgiveness, mercy and grace should always be given to us as well as those who fall short and disappoint us. As someone stated earlier. We saw her, we don't know what he looked like. He should have the opportunity to begin again and grow into a better man. He's only 20 so this should not be a life sentence on him, but a life changing experience to be a better man, and one day a better husband and father!
    Thanks,
    Laney Pooh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man... I hope certain people never make huge mistakes in their lives that the public can pick apart. He is 20 years old. He himself has been the victim of domestic abuse. It was a major mistake. Why is it impossible to give him some forgiveness? The entire story was never released whether that was to his detriment or not. The court of Public opinion is a harsh one. There was no perfect way for him to handle this situation once it happened. I regard him like I would regard anyone I know if they were in this same situation. I hope he follows through on his punishment, I hope and pray he gets help, and I hold him accountable for what he did, and hope that it never happens again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I'm in teh minority but I sympathize with CB. No one knows what really happened in that car & no one knows what occured to provoke it. While I don't condone men hitting women, I firmly believe that a woman shouldn't hit a man & not expect a confrontation either. Domestic violence goes both ways. I tend to believe Rihanna got lucky in that CB chose to back down & keep mum about whatever triggered the incident in the first place. Photos of him were never released and, as a woman, Rihanna dominated public sympathy from the start. I give him credit for taking the high road & not pointing fingers. It takes a lot to accept personal responsibility for your role in a fight. Best of luck to him & his career...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Life is Like a Slideshow

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer